Travelodge reveals the 'weirdest things' left in their rooms during 2016
Budget hotel chain, Travelodge recently revealed a list of bizarre items that have been left behind in their rooms throughout 2016. A gold portrait of Elvis Presley, a barrister's wig and keys to mansion in India were all reportedly left behind in its 525 hotels across the country.
One customer who was staying in the Harrogate Travelodge travelled 40 minutes down the M62 before realising that they'd left behind their Shih Tzu named Harold, while a housekeeper in Dundee found a family of three generations gnomes in one bedroom.
Without further ado, here is the list of the bizarre items that were left behind in the hotel chain's properties throughout 2016:
- We loved our holiday in the Cotswolds, thank you for all of the arrangements! | H & H Netherlands
- The walks were good and beautifully picked + the bags were perfectly delivered! | H & H Netherlands
- We had a very good time and will come back with friends and recommend you and this kind of holiday - Thanks a lot! | A Christophe
- Although the weather has not been ideal, i.e. we had a lot of rain - we really enjoyed the tour! And it was no problem biking with the dog on the tour - he enjoyed it too! | C Ramrath
- I have a lot of thanks for the perfect organisation and we'll happily recommend your holiday agency! | D Stephan
EXCITING NEW WEBSITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION. THESE ARE 2016 PRICES. PLEASE TELEPHONE FOR 2017 PRICES.
Activity Holidays and Short Breaks in the UK, Europe and worldwide destinations.
Compass Holidays specialise in walking and cycling short breaks and holidays around the UK and Europe. Based in the Cotswolds and founded over 20 years ago, our vast expertise means we know how to plan holidays to highlight the very best the countryside has to offer. Compass also has a series of bike & boat tours around some of Europe's most breathtaking coastline.
Our feature Holiday: Shakespeare Country short Break
Very few literary geniuses can boast the level of sustained popularity as William Shakespeare. A visionary of his time and the most famous playwright in history, Shakespeare is being celebrated throughout 2016 in recognition of the 400th anniversary since his death. Embark on a unique cycling journey into Shakespeare's very own backyard.
A self guided cycling short break in Wiltshire. A short ride away from the lively bustle of Stratford, Broadway or Moreton in Marsh you will find the tranquillity of a sleepy village or a glorious garden.