Winter Getaway: Cross Country Skiing
The evenings are getting darker, the weather is getting colder and winter is well and truly on its way. Banish the winter blues by booking an exciting tour to make the most of the colder weather.
Our 7 day, self-guided, cross country skiing tour will take you straight to the heart of the Italian Sexton Dolomite Mountains. As you ski through the winter countryside, you will pass Lake Toblach and will then follow a former Dolomite railway track to reach the Hohlenstein Valley. Enjoy the outstanding natural beauty of the Prags Valley and mountain pasture of Platzwiese. The route for this tour has been specially tailored, so skiers of all abilities can enjoy the fantastic experience.
The tour includes half board accommodation and ski hire. Additional nights and ski lessons can be booked on request.
For more information about this exciting cross country skiing experience or to book, visit or call 01242 250 642.
- We loved our holiday in the Cotswolds, thank you for all of the arrangements! | H & H Netherlands
- The walks were good and beautifully picked + the bags were perfectly delivered! | H & H Netherlands
- We had a very good time and will come back with friends and recommend you and this kind of holiday - Thanks a lot! | A Christophe
- Although the weather has not been ideal, i.e. we had a lot of rain - we really enjoyed the tour! And it was no problem biking with the dog on the tour - he enjoyed it too! | C Ramrath
- I have a lot of thanks for the perfect organisation and we'll happily recommend your holiday agency! | D Stephan
Activity Holidays and Short Breaks in the UK, Europe and worldwide destinations.
Compass Holidays specialise in walking and cycling short breaks and holidays around the UK and Europe. Based in the Cotswolds and founded over 20 years ago, our vast expertise means we know how to plan holidays to highlight the very best the countryside has to offer. Compass also has a series of bike & boat tours around some of Europe's most breathtaking coastline.
Our feature Holiday: Shakespeare Country short Break
Very few literary geniuses can boast the level of sustained popularity as William Shakespeare. A visionary of his time and the most famous playwright in history, Shakespeare is being celebrated throughout 2016 in recognition of the 400th anniversary since his death. Embark on a unique cycling journey into Shakespeare's very own backyard.
A self guided cycling short break in Wiltshire. A short ride away from the lively bustle of Stratford, Broadway or Moreton in Marsh you will find the tranquillity of a sleepy village or a glorious garden.